Bakery - 08/16/2012
It's a Sad Day for Our Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookie Lovers...
Well, you may have noticed that our Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies have been a little wonky lately. There is a peanut shortage, and we have had major issues getting our preferred brand of peanut butter. The replacement brands just don't live up to our standards, and we have heard from many of you that the cookies made with this replacement don't live up to your expectations either. So on that note we have some sad news, we will not be able to produce this cookie until the peanut butter starts flowing again! We will keep you posted, but in the mean time you will find a copy of our recipe below, so you can make tham at home!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Garnish: coarse sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and set sheet aside.
- Using electric mixer, blend all ingredients (except sugar crystals for garnish) together for 1 minute or so.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion tablespoon-sized balls of dough, and place them on parchment-lined baking sheet. You could roll these into balls if you like, but it is not necessary if you want to skip that step.
- Sprinkle tops of unbaked cookies with coarse sugar crystals.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking pan at least 5 minutes (they are fragile until cooled). Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 32 cookies about 2 1/2 inches in diameter each.